PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
We have relationships with carefully selected advertising aggregators that will set cookies during your visit which may be used by us to show you marketing messages when you are visiting certain 3rd party websites. These cookies t are “Google Double Click” and “Google Adsense” and you can control these cookies by visiting the Your Online Choices website.
Our cookies do not store sensitive or personal information, such as your name, address or card details. They simply help us know that you are the person that logged in. However, if you would like to restrict the level of cookies that are stored on your computer, you can use your browser to do this. All browsers and mobile phones are different, so check the ‘Help’ section to learn how to change your preferences.
Here is a list of the cookies we use, and what they are used for:
- Google Analytics (_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz) - these cookies collect information about how visitors use our website. This information is used to improve the site. All information is collected in anonymous form.
- Load Balancing (BIGipServerps*, BIGipServeruk*) - these cookies handle the load across multiple servers to ensure better user experience.
- Session Identifier (JSESSIONID) - this session cookie is essential. It ensures that message exchanges with the server can be related. It is removed when the browser is closed.
- Returning User (returningUser) - This helps us identify if the customer has been to our site before and is shown login options rather than sign up options.
- Last Visited (lastVisited) - This helps us to identify when the customer last visited the site so we can tell them about new features released since their last visit.
- Show New Changes (showChangesAlert) - this lets us know that the customer has seen the new changes and has opted to not be shown the same change message again.
Further Information About Cookies
If you would like to know more about cookies, please visit aboutcookies.org, if you would like to opt out of any cookies, please visit Your Online Choices website.
myHermes International Website powered by Parcel2go.com
This means that if you use the myHermes International website you are contracting with Parcel2go.com Limited rather with myHermes.
Parcel2go.com Limited is a company registered in England. Parcel2go.com Limited may be contacted via https://international.myhermes.co.uk/help-centre.
We share personal data and other data related to the Services, which myHermes has collected from you in relation to our Services, with Parcel2go.com Limited but, this is only used to:
- enable customers to move seamlessly between the myHermes and myHermes International websites without having to set up two separate accounts; and
- allow myHermes and Parcel2go.com Limited to ensure that we meet contractual commitments to you.
We share the information above with Parcel2go.com on the basis that they will not use the data for the purposes of contacting you with marketing communications.
If you do not want us to use your personal data with Parcel2go.com Limited in the way described above, email email@example.com.
Foresee - Customer Experience Survey
We may ask you to take part in our customer experience survey which is being undertaken by our partner, Foresee on behalf of myHermes.We are carrying out this survey in order to understand our customers’ experience whilst using the myHermes website and how we can improve this.
Only a small percentage of visitors will be asked to undertake the survey. If you don’t want to take part, please close down the pop-up window invite and you can continue with your browsing.
If you choose to take the survey:
- a session cookie will be placed on your computer so that Foresee can communicate with you during the survey. This cookie will be deleted when you close your browser; and
- a persistent cookie will be placed on your computer which helps Foresee to ensure that you won’t be asked to complete the survey again within a reasonable amount of time. This cookie will be deleted at a set expiration date.
The survey does not collect any personal data unless you wish myHermes to contact you, in which case you have the option of submitting your contact and other details. All data is submitted directly to Foresee and Foresee provides myHermes with the results of the survey. Foresee will not sell or disclose to third parties any personal data gathered from the surveys.
For full details of how Foresee process and use the survey data please see: http://www.foreseeresults.com/privacy-policy.shtml
What are IP addresses?
An IP address is a string of numbers which identifies a specific computer or internet enabled device when it connects to a network such as the internet, enabling such devices to communicate.
How we use IP addresses
- We record the IP address of visitors to our website and we collect related information such as the products viewed or searched for, the length of visits to certain pages and page interaction.
- We use an independent company to collate the information described above. This company then provides us with data relating to website visitors that have accessed our website from businesses.
- We may then use this information to provide potential business customers with details of services that we offer.
Parcel Recipient Satisfaction Surveys
We would only contact your parcel recipient:
using the email address details that you may provide to us when you submit your order; and;
If you have opted for your parcel recipient to receive an email with tracking details relating to their parcel delivery. Your recipient will then be aware that Hermes has delivered their parcel. Please note that your parcel recipient may also receive an email from Hermes asking for their feedback in relation to the parcel delivery service provided.
If your parcel recipient chooses to take part in the survey, the website hosting the survey will display terms explaining how we will use the data collected to improve our services.