PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
We have relationships with carefully selected advertising aggregators that will set cookies during your visit which may be used by us to show you marketing messages when you are visiting certain 3rd party websites. These cookies t are “Google Double Click” and “Google Adsense” and you can control these cookies by visiting the Your Online Choices website.
Our cookies do not store sensitive or personal information, such as your name, address or card details. They simply help us know that you are the person that logged in. However, if you would like to restrict the level of cookies that are stored on your computer, you can use your browser to do this. All browsers and mobile phones are different, so check the ‘Help’ section to learn how to change your preferences.
Here is a list of the cookies we use, and what they are used for:
- Google Analytics (_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz) - these cookies collect information about how visitors use our website. This information is used to improve the site. All information is collected in anonymous form.
- Load Balancing (BIGipServerps*, BIGipServeruk*) - these cookies handle the load across multiple servers to ensure better user experience.
- Session Identifier (JSESSIONID) - this session cookie is essential. It ensures that message exchanges with the server can be related. It is removed when the browser is closed.
- Returning User (returningUser) - This helps us identify if the customer has been to our site before and is shown login options rather than sign up options.
- Last Visited (lastVisited) - This helps us to identify when the customer last visited the site so we can tell them about new features released since their last visit.
- Show New Changes (showChangesAlert) - this lets us know that the customer has seen the new changes and has opted to not be shown the same change message again.
Further Information About Cookies
If you would like to know more about cookies, please visit aboutcookies.org, if you would like to opt out of any cookies, please visit Your Online Choices website.
Parcel Recipient Satisfaction Surveys
We may from time to time contact your parcel recipient to ask if they would like to take part in a satisfaction survey to rate our delivery service. We collect such data in order to check that we have carried out our contract in accordance with the terms agreed with you and to ensure that we are providing a great service.
We would only contact your parcel recipient:
- by email;
- using the email address details that you may provide to us when you submit your order; and
- If you have opted for your parcel recipient to receive an email with tracking details relating to their parcel delivery. Your recipient will then be aware that Hermes has delivered their parcel. Please note that your parcel recipient may also receive an email from Hermes asking for their feedback in relation to the parcel delivery service provided.
If your parcel recipient chooses to take part in the survey, the website hosting the survey will display terms explaining how we will use the data collected to improve our services.